Updated September 25, 2020
We hope that you and your families are all well and starting to adapt your plans as the Government health and safety restrictions continue to evolve. However, the continued Government travel restrictions and international border closures it continues to be impossible for us to operate our schedules for guests with bookings departing from Canada. This has required the temporary suspension of all Scenic Group (including Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours and Emerald Cruises) departures up to December 31, 2020.
This situation is totally out of our control due to the COVID-19 pandemic is a force majeure event, as defined within the Scenic Group terms and conditions. However, to support your future travel plans, Scenic Group will be providing a Future Travel Credit (FTC) for affected departures. Please note that the FTC Voucher value and following terms may vary depending on the specific suspension.
Our flexible policy for guests with bookings departing during this period is the following:
To ensure your future travel plans will be protected, if you hold a:
- River cruise reservation departing from November 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 110% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid to date.
- Land tour (Egypt, Israel & Jordan Cruise Tours) reservation departing from November 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 100% FTC Voucher for the amount paid to date.
- Scenic Eclipse Ocean cruise reservation departing from November 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, Scenic Group will provide a 100% Future Travel Credit (FTC) Voucher for the amount paid to date.
The flexible conditions for your FTC Voucher are as follows:
- Valid for travel to re-book and commence through to December 31, 2023
- The value of your FTC voucher is based on the amount paid for your reservation to date
- The FTC Voucher can be applied to any booking within the Scenic Group (Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours and Emerald Cruises - including Emerald Waterways and Emerald Yacht Cruises)
- The FTC Voucher can be applied to any existing booking or when re-booking your future travel, and; Is fully transferrable to another guest.
If you choose not to take up the option of the Future Travel Credit (FTC) voucher, you can opt to forfeit your future travel credit voucher under our standard terms and conditions, then consult with your travel insurance company to enquire if you are eligible to lodge a claim. If required, we can provide a letter to assist you in making your claim. Please email your cancellation request to Cancellations_CA@scenic.ca
Our flexible booking and cancellation policy for guests with river cruise, ocean cruise and international land tour bookings departing from 1 January to 31 March 2021:
All guests with a booking scheduled to depart from 1 January 2021 and guests considering a booking after that date, have the option to transfer their booking to an alternate date without a Scenic Group fee up to 30 days prior to departure.
Scenic Group will waive all cancellation fees with the value of the booking applied as a Future Travel Credit (FTC) and we will review the timing for the full payment at time of transfer. Please note, if you choose to cancel or transfer there may be third party fees applicable, which will be at the guests own expense.
We will continue to monitor the changing global situation and remain committed to doing our best to assist with your concerns and adjusting travel plans.
On behalf of the Scenic Group team, we are here to support you during this challenging period and look forward to exploring our precious world with you again very soon.